Sunday, June 6, 2010

VHS tape collection

Here are some pics of my small vhs tape collection. I really love the Roger Corman ones such as Deathrace 2000, Humanoids from the Deep and Piranha. They're a lot of fun to watch. I wish that "lowbudget" film makers would still make movies like these. When I was a kid, I would constantly watch "From Star Wars to Jedi". I would also stare at the cover and really think hard about which one of the models I like the most. I would pretend that I could take one home. I think I always chose the Blockade Runner.







2 comments:

  1. Man.... this brings back a LOT of memories... there was a video store in town that my nephews and I would go to and drool over the horror and sci-fi movies forever before picking a movie.

    I have quite a VHS collection as well... I guess my DVD collection is the next one to become obsolete. :(

    Awesome post, man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would do the same thing. I would go to the video store with my dad and check out all the horror and sci fi video box covers. They'd freak me out, I was especially freaked out by "The Stuff" which had all this stuff coming out of the fridge and like, melting people. And also a movie called "Microwave Massacre" which had a gross head in a microwave on the cover. Yuck. Funny to think those movies were meant to be funny, but they scared the crap out of me.

    ReplyDelete